COMPARE PAYROLL SERVICES
Finding the Best Payroll Service for Your Business
What is the best payroll service for your company? There’s more to this answer than you might think, which is why we’ve assembled the following questions to help you find the best payroll service for your business needs.
At the very least, look for payroll services that meet the following criteria:
- The service includes calculating and filing federal, state and local taxes, as well as paying your employees
- Live help is there if you need it
- Accurate tax filing is guaranteed.
Once you have answered these questions, you can look into additional details to find the best fit for your business.
Questions to Ask Payroll Service Providers
In order to find the best payroll service for your business needs, you need to ask the right questions.
How many days before payroll will the company withdraw funds?
Expedited Payroll Options
What happens if I need to run a payroll on short notice?
Can the payroll service provider automate payroll for me?
Are the key taxes for my business supported?
Payroll Processing Time
One of the most important aspects of payroll service is also one of the easiest to overlook -- when will the payroll service debit your company account to fund your payroll?
- Many payroll service companies withdraw your payroll funds 4 days before payday.
- SurePayroll’s processing window is half that – just 2 days.
Cash flow can be tough to manage, and your payroll company shouldn’t make it harder than it needs to be.
Expedited Payroll Options
You may not realize it now, but chances are good you’ll need to run payroll in a hurry someday. You might simply forget to run payroll by your regular deadline. Or, when an employee leaves your company, state laws might require you to issue them their last check before your next regular pay cycle. Make sure the payroll company you’re evaluating offers expedited payroll!
SurePayroll has two expedited payroll options:
- Same-day payroll: If you’re really in a pinch, we can run payroll same day, if you’ve met the 10:30 a.m. CST deadline, and it’s a business day.
- Next-day payroll: Schedule your payroll by 3:00 p.m. CST for the next business day.
Imagine never running payroll again! If you have employees who make a standard salary or work a set number of hours in a given pay period, you can set up Auto Payroll and your payroll will process automatically, according to your set schedule.
- Works for both hourly and salaried employees
- We’ll send you a reminder about upcoming payroll, and the deadline for any changes you need to make
You’ll also receive confirmation once your payroll has processed.
According to the IRS, US taxpayers and businesses spend almost 8 billion hours a year complying with the Internal Revenue Code. And that doesn’t even include the array state and local tax laws with which small business owners must also comply.
Each year, SurePayroll makes hundreds of changes and updates to the tax engine that keeps clients compliant with more than 6,000 different federal, state and local taxes.
Live Customer Service When You Need Help
Backed by 40 years of experience, our award-winning U.S.- based customer care team is here when you need them, 6 days a week, by phone, email or live chat.
Ready to give it a try?
You can either jump right in and start your free 1 month trial, or if you’d like to talk through the options for your particular situation, our team are standing by.