Gifts for Employees: Good Ideas and Bad
Are you in the process of shopping for holiday gifts for your employees? No matter if you have to purchase one gift or several, you know just how challenging it can be to buy the right thing.
Before we go any further, remember this: there are both appropriate and inappropriate holiday gifts.
What you buy for your spouse may not necessarily be a good idea for an employee. You need to consider all your options, focusing your time on appropriate gifts while never giving inappropriate ideas a second thought.
For those who need a little assistance, here are three of the best gifts for employees:
- A gift card to a local restaurant. No matter where you live, there are many options. Along with this, a gift card is easy to buy.
- Cookies. Who doesn’t like a tin of cookies or another holiday treat? You can place an order through a local company or online. Either way, it is always appreciated.
- Electronic items. From an iPod to a tablet, there are many ideas to consider within this category. You may spend a little more money, but it will go a long way in showing your employees just how much you care.
Now that you have an idea of which holiday gifts make the most sense, here are three that are completely inappropriate:
- Alcohol. Even if you think this is a good idea, you should resist at all costs. Just because you are giving a gift doesn’t mean you should lose your professionalism.
- Jewelry. As you can imagine, this can be taken the wrong way – especially if you give this gift to somebody of the opposite sex.
- Underwear (or a gift card to this type of store). As crazy as it sounds, there will be people who cross into this territory this year. Forget the Victoria’s Secret gift card.
With this advice, you should be able to weed out inappropriate holiday gift ideas and focus on those that are best for your employees.