How to Grow Your Business in the Digital Age
Whether you like it or not, social media has rapidly become the most trustworthy, valuable and utilized tool out there for small businesses. Social media has given many small business owners the chance to get their message across and connect with different users (and new customers) with the help of just a few clicks!
Now that you know just how important social media can be for your business, where to start? Here's an outline of the top things you need to do to starting growing your business with social in the digital age.
- Getting Started: Choosing the right social media platform for your business can be tricky. In our eBook download, you'll find a step-by-step guide on how to set up a Facebook and Twitter account to increase your social media presence, as well as the "social media lingo" that follows such as hashtags, mentions, likes, etc. This will bring you a step closer to achieving your social media success!
- Boosting Your Social Presence: Now that you've created your social media profiles, let's get those engines started! Get the word out by letting everyone know about your brand new social networks, expand your social circle by inviting them to like your pages, and even the use of effective offline marketing tools such as stickers, posters, etc.
- Maintaining A Stellar Social Media Presence: You can't just 'have' social media networks; you have to actively maintain your presence! Showcase your business with personalized cover photos, profile pictures and detailed informational about your business. Give your pages personality with the right use of content, like posting fun pictures, quotes, even advice! Followers love learning new things and this will help you stay current. They key here? Consistency. Solutions such as Likeable Hub can help you.
- Engaging With Your Followers: Whether with current clients, prospective clients, family, friends or people in your community, you want your social media presence to be as likeable as possible. Use multimedia to highlight what makes you and your business unique! As soon as followers start engaging with your posts, make sure to respond nicely and promptly (including negative comments). Remember, social media is a conversation, always keep the conversation going.
- Building Clients Relationships & Getting New Clients: What extra steps can you take now that your followers are engaged? With "Hypertargeted Advertisements," you can search for specific traits that your ideal clients and followers share on both Facebook and Twitter. Facebook's Ad Management tools make it easy for users to target their clients based on location, age, gender and incredibly precise interests. On Twitter, you can create ad campaigns, promote Tweets and also target users by interests, age, keywords - you name it.
Other ways to build relationships on social media is by creating fun contests that incentivize your followers to like your page or search for potential new customers on Twitter.
- Managing Other Social Networks: Now that you've mastered both Facebook and Twitter, feel free to branch out to other popular social networks. These include: Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Blogging.
Pinterest allows users to "pin" images and media through collections called "boards". Google+ is a social network owned and operated by Google that allows you to discover and share digital content with anyone. Tumblr is a microblogging platform that allows you to share anything: videos, images, quotes, and music - you name it! Instagram is an online mobile sharing, social network that allows users to take (and edit) pictures/videos and share them on a variety of social networks. LinkedIn is a business-oriented networking service. Blogging (a blog) is a web page that contains dated posts pertaining to a particular topic; they can be hosted through websites like WordPress and Blogger.
So now what? You're on the road to social media rockstar status! We sincerely hope that after reading Likeable Local's eBook, you feel extremely confident using your brand new social media marketing skills for your business - and even yourself!