When it comes to business communication, there is nothing more important than a high level of efficiency in a secure environment.
Almost every company in the United States uses email in some way, shape, or form. That being said, some are lagging behind the competition in terms of efficiency, productivity, and security.
Enter Gmail for Business
Some people are still under the impression that Gmail is only for personal use. While there is nothing wrong with using this email service provider to communicate with friends and stay current with retailers (among other reasons), there are also benefits of introducing it to your company.
If you are open to change and looking to follow in the footsteps of thousands of companies before you, here are some of the primary benefits of using Gmail for work:
- Branded email. There used to be a time when you could use Gmail for business, but your domain would not be included. For this reason, it came across as a bit unprofessional.
Those days are in the past, as Google now gives you the opportunity to personalize your email by using addresses at your domain. For example, you could create the following:johndoe@your_company.com or sales@your_company.com
In other words, your email is powered by Gmail on the backend but your organization looks more “legit” to outsiders. Talk about the best of both worlds!
- 24/7 support. Just when you think everything is running smoothly with your business, you will run into a roadblock. If this happens to be related to your use of Gmail, you will have access to 24/7 phone and email support. In other words, help is only one call or email away. This will give you peace of mind, knowing that your email provider has your back at all times.
- Take your work on the road. More so today than ever before, business professionals are interested in taking their work on the road and staying connected while at home. Gmail has you covered. You can sync and access email from your tablet and/or smartphone. Best yet, your device does not have to be powered by the Google Android operating system. It works with Apple iOS, BlackBerry, and many others.
- Email is just the start. Within your email application, you are able to communicate in a variety of ways. Are you interested in using the chat feature for instant communication? Gmail has you covered. How about hosting a video meeting with coworkers or clients in other parts of the world? Once again, this is easy to do directly from your inbox.
- Security, security, and more security. In today’s day and age, if you don’t have a security plan in place you are playing with fire. The last thing you want is your email being hacked or a message being intercepted.
With Gmail, you know you are getting the best of the best when it comes to security. If you don’t believe this to be true, check out this March 2014 blog post from Google. In short, it discusses some recent changes, including the use of encrypted HTTPS. This is a secure connection for your email, so that no one can look in or see what you’re communicating, even if you’re on a public WiFi network.
There are many email providers out there, all of which are competing for your business. If you are starting a business or looking to make a change, give Gmail a try. The five benefits above should be enough reason for you to consider what this search engine giant can do for your company.