SurePayroll's Year-End RESOURCES
At SurePayroll, our goal is to keep you up top speed on all the information you need for year-end. Whether you are looking for updates on federal and state tax filing information, the latest on COVID-19 information, tips and tricks for year-end, you can find it all here.
Bookmark this page and check back often as we continue to update the page with new, vital resources to make your year-end a breeze.
Guides, product walkthroughs, and more to answer your year-end questions.View Resources >
Household Customer Resources
Unique info for our specialized customers: Household, Nanny, S-Corp, and more.View Resources >
Holiday closings for the remainder of 2020:
- Wednesday, November 11 Veterans’ Day: banks closed, SurePayroll support open
- Thursday, November 26 Thanksgiving Day: banks closed
- SurePayroll Customer Care will be closed on November 26, with limited hours of operation on November 27 from 7:00am-4:00pm CST.
- We will resume normal operations on Saturday, November 28 from 9am – 1pm CST.
- Friday, December 25, Christmas Day, Friday, January 1, 2021, New Year’s Day:
- December 24 – Open from 7:00am CST to 4:00pm CST
- December 25, 26 - Closed
- December 31 – Open from 7:00am CST to 5:00pm CST
- January 1, 2 - Closed
Some SUI tax agencies are already sending out 2021 SUI rates. In most cases, SurePayroll won't receive notification of these rate changes directly from the agency. Please make sure you send these notices to SurePayroll as soon as you receive them so we can make sure your 2021 SUI payments are calculated and remitted using the correct rate.
Note: Some SUI tax agencies send these notices out as late as March 2021.
The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, which includes funding for another round of Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans among other stimulus measures, was signed into law by President Trump on Sunday, December 27, 2020. Learn what this means for the Paycheck Protection Program.
Important Note: We’re awaiting further guidance from the IRS on the third quarter 941 changes. We’ll post an update as soon as we have the information.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act both provide refundable tax credits for qualifying wages for:
- Employee Retention Tax Credit (CARES Act)
- Refund of wages paid for qualified sick leave (FFCRA)
- Refund of wages paid for qualified expanded family leave (FFCRA)
As a result, the second quarter 2020 Form 941 has been extensively revised. Two other factors that may affect this return are:
- Filing Form(s) 7200
- Employer Deferral of Social Security Tax
Remember that online help is always available! Reference the Help menu in your payroll account to find your answer, chat with an expert, contact Customer Care directly at 877-956-7873 or access guided walkthroughs to the most popular year-end actions. Just click the Help icon at the bottom-right hand corner of any screen in your payroll account to get started.
List of PDF Resources:SurePayroll Pulse Newsletter – December issue: Year-End Help is Here
S-Corp and Bonus Information
Christmas and New Year’s Holiday Planning
Last Payroll of the Year
As always, if you have questions about how SurePayroll is handling these regulations, reach out to your service specialist; if you have questions about how any of these items may impact your business, contact your tax professional or attorney.