Cancellation Policy

All Fields Required

How do I cancel my SurePayroll account?

Your business means a lot to us and we’re sorry to see go. If there’s anything we can do to keep you as a customer, please let us know. And we hope you consider SurePayroll in the future for your payroll service needs.

Please carefully review the steps below to help ensure we close your account properly. It’s important to let us know how you’d like us to handle your taxes as this will affect any quarterly or year-end filings.

Step 1. Notify SurePayroll

To close your account, please contact our Customer Care team at 877-956-7873. One of our team members will walk you through the process and email you a Termination Request Form.

Step 2. Complete & Return the Termination Request Form

Please complete the Termination Request Form and fax it to SurePayroll at 224-260-4027. You may also log in to your payroll account, select “Contact Us” and attach the document to the contact form.

IMPORTANT: Your account will remain active until the termination process is complete. SurePayroll will continue to file tax returns and bill for services until the Termination Request Form has been submitted.

The reason why we keep your account open and continue to bill is because we’re required to fulfill our part of the service agreement and file with the tax agencies.

Step 3. Final Billing & Tax Reconciliation

SurePayroll bills for the previous month’s service, so you’ll receive a final service fee within 30-45 days after closing your account. Your accounts will be reconciled and if there’s any tax money we collected that hasn’t been paid to the tax agencies, you’ll be refunded with 4-6 weeks. If there are taxes due we’ll collect the necessary funds from you.

Tips on Completing the Termination Request Form

Whether you’re switching to another service or simply cancelling your account, we’ll need some information from you so we can handle any remaining tax filings. Here are a few tips to help close your account:

1. Are you cancelling services prior to the fourth quarter?

If you cancel before the fourth quarter and would like us to file your payroll taxes through the end of the year (includes W-2s and 1099s), please indicate this request on the Termination Request Form. Please refer to your pricing schedule for cost information. 

Want us to just file for the current quarter? We can do that, too and you’ll find a selection for that on the Termination Request Form. This also means we won’t handle your annual filing of W-2s and 1099s.

You can also choose to have us stop all tax deposits and filings. If so, select the option to “Stop all tax deposits and tax filings immediately and return any tax monies that have not been paid.” There is no charge for this request and we will stop all filings, including year-end W-2s and 1099s.

2. Do you want to keep your SurePayroll account access for the next five years?

This may be helpful if you need access to your payroll reports. You can make this selection on the Termination Request Form. Please note that there’s a one-time hosting fee, which your customer care representative will cover with you.

If you no longer want access, consider downloading or printing all previously filed quarterly and annual reports. You’ll have up to 30 days to access your account after your final payroll report.

We're sorry to see you go and look forward to having the opportunity to service your payroll in the future.