- Find time to calculate wages, account for Social Security and Medicare taxes, federal unemployment taxes (FUTA) and state taxes.
- Complete and file multiple tax forms with the IRS and your state every year—potentially every quarter.
- Keep up with tax deposits with the appropriate government tax agencies.
- Keep up with changing tax regulations.
Pay Your Household Employees the Easy and Affordable Way
Whether you pay someone to care for an aging parent, watch your children or handle the yardwork, you may need to pay the household employment tax, sometimes referred to as the “nanny tax”. Unfortunately, keeping up with the tax work, filings and calculations takes time and missed IRS filings could result in penalties. SurePayroll makes your household payroll easy and handles all the payroll tax work with 100% guaranteed satisfaction.
Paying Your Household Employee Alone
- Enter hours and pay rate from anywhere, anytime online—even your mobile device.
- Preview how much will be debited from your account on payday.
- Approve payment. That’s it! We’ll take care of the rest. Use direct deposit or print checks yourself—easy!
Sign Up for Household Payroll Services to Save Time & MoneyPaying your household employee has unique requirements. If you pay $2,000 or more a year or $1,000 or more per calendar quarter, you may need to pay the household employment tax. As the online payroll leader backed by our parent company, Paychex, you can count on SurePayroll to securely and accurately handle your household payroll whether that’s for:
- Babysitters or Nannies
- Elder Care
- Home Care, Health Aides or Private Nurses
- House Cleaning Workers, Housekeepers or Maids
- Yard Workers
- Cooks and more
SurePayroll Takes Care of the Household Payroll Tax Work on Your BehalfPay your household employees in just minutes, wherever and whenever it’s convenient for you. Sign up with SurePayroll to:
- Save time: Leave the calculations and tax work behind - we automatically calculate wages and deduct the correct taxes.
- Eliminate the paperwork and deposits: SurePayroll files all the payroll paperwork and makes deposits on your behalf with satisfaction guaranteed.*
- Keep up-to-date with IRS and state rules: We stay current on all household employee payroll laws.
- Pay your household employee with direct deposit or print checks yourself: There’s no additional charge for either.
*If you employ a nanny or household employee in the state of California, SurePayroll only supports employers who are designated as quarterly filers with the state. Annual filers would need to change their filing status to quarterly.