The Payroll Blog

News, tips, and advice for small business owners

Enrolling with a Payroll Service? Have These Items Ready

Posted On
Ross Matthews

Starting with a new payroll service can be a bit unnerving. You may have several questions such as, “What information will they ask for? And are there documents they’ll need to see?” Being prepared will go a long way in simplifying the process.

enrolling with a payroll service

Before we go further, if you're a new business that hasn't run a payroll yet, enrollment is easier because you won't need to give your new payroll service any prior payroll history.

If you're an established business and are switching during the same year that you've paid employees, the service will need your payroll history so they can properly file your quarterly 941, yearly 940 and issue your W-2s at the end of the year.

While each service may have slightly different requirements or processes and state laws vary, there are a few basics, like EIN Numbers, that we put together in this infographic so you'll be ready to enroll.

It's doesn't have to a challenging task starting with a new payroll service and you'll find several tips to help you make the switch. Plus, many services like SurePayroll will gladly work with you through enrollment to help ensure your payroll information is setup correctly prior to running your first payroll.


View Our Plans and Pricing

Small Business Is Our Business.


This website contains articles posted for informational and educational value. SurePayroll is not responsible for information contained within any of these materials. Any opinions expressed within materials are not necessarily the opinion of, or supported by, SurePayroll. The information in these materials should not be considered legal or accounting advice, and it should not substitute for legal, accounting, and other professional advice where the facts and circumstances warrant. If you require legal or accounting advice or need other professional assistance, you should always consult your licensed attorney, accountant or other tax professional to discuss your particular facts, circumstances and business needs.