All Fields Required
Online Payroll Software for Restaurants
The restaurant industry is one that has many moving pieces, and staying on top of regulations, both taxes and safety, are key to business success. With all of the complexities involved with running a restaurant, there’s a good chance you are looking for some help, especially with your restaurant payroll.
The most common payroll items to be aware of when running a restaurant, are minimum wage laws and properly paying tipped employees. Additionally, it’s important to note that most employees are going to be classified as non-exempt, which means they will be eligible for overtime wages as well.
When searching for a restaurant payroll service, you want to be sure that you’re choosing a company that can help you stay compliant with all of the restaurant-specific tax complexities.
At SurePayroll you will have access to:
- Minimum Wage Alerts: we can notify you when employee wages and/or tips do not reach the minimum wage requirements, providing you with helpful tips-to-minimum verification to help you stay compliant.
- FICA Tip Credit Report: calculates and tracks just how much you are entitled to claim on your annual business taxes for this credit, potentially leading to substantial tax savings.
- Tip Sign-Off Report: provides written proof of employees' tips received and declared, which can help keep you in compliance with government regulations.
- Makeup tips: used to ensure that an employee has been paid at least the minimum wage. This is added to the sum of the employees’ base wage pay, tips, and commission to match the federal minimum wage rate.
In addition to specific restaurant payroll support, when using SurePayroll, you will also have access to the following to make running your business a little easier:
- Free mobile payroll app. Running a restaurant can mean operating at all kinds of hours, from early mornings to late nights. With our free mobile payroll app, you can process your payroll from the palm of your hand so that you can continue the smooth operations of your restaurant.
- U.S.-based customer service. Did you know that SurePayroll has won the Stevie Award for Sales & Customer Service 11 years in a row? What our award history means for your business is that we are recognized for providing excellent customer service to the small businesses we support. Some specific customer service highlights include:
- Nearly 80% of calls being answered within one minute
- The option to get help via phone, email, or chat
- Night and weekend hours
- Flexible payroll options. Usually flexible isn’t the first word that comes to mind when payroll is mentioned. However, at SurePayroll, we understand that situations come up, and you might need a little flexibility, which is why we have several flexible payroll options. For most customers, our standard payroll period has a two-day processing window, which is shorter compared to the industry average of a four-days. We also offer even more expedited payroll processing in the form of same-day and next-day payroll, for the times you forget to process or have a last minute situation, such as a final paycheck for an employee. When mistakes arise, you have the option to cancel your payroll, and for a payroll schedule that isn’t going to change, you can set payroll on cruise control with auto payroll.