All Fields Required
Form 943 - Agricultural payroll
Does your agricultural business pay employees? According to the IRS, if you paid wages to one or more farmworkers and the wages were subject to social security and Medicare taxes or federal income tax withholding, you need to file form 943 - the employer’s annual federal tax return for agricultural employees.
Do I need to file Form 943 for my farm business?
Form 943 is the tax document used to show the IRS the amount of taxes that you withheld from your employees each year. The IRS states agricultural employers are subject to withholding on wages if:
- You pay an employee cash wages of $150 or more in the year for farm work, or
- The total wages (cash and noncash) you pay all farm workers in the year is $2,500.
If you have hand-harvest laborers who are paid less than $150 in annual cash wages, you will not need to fill out Form 943.
Here’s a link to more information from the IRA about Form 943 and reporting requirements for agricultural employers.
What information is needed to fill out Form 943?
When it comes to tax season, it’s important that you have the right information to fill out forms so your taxes can be done efficiently and correctly. For Form 943 the most common information you’ll need is:
- Your contact information – phone number, mailing address, etc.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Business financial records for the year, including employee wages
About SurePayroll’s farm payroll solution:
When choosing SurePayroll to handle your farm’s payroll, you will get:
- Automatic tax pay & file of your federal, state and local payroll taxes, all backed by our taxes paid and filed guarantee
- Direct deposit or the option to print checks yourself to pay your employees
- Access to our dedicated, U.S.-based Customer Care team
- The flexibility to process payroll from anywhere, even from your smartphone
Ready to get started? Request your free quote today or begin signing up here.
Note: Marijuana remains a Schedule I Drug and is considered illegal for all purposes by the Federal Government. SurePayroll is unable to provide payroll services to companies in this industry.
Continued Payroll Tax Form Definitions