All Fields Required
This policy describes how SurePayroll, a Paychex company, collects, uses, shares, and protects business, financial, and personal information. This notice is available on the homepage of this website and at every login page where personally identifiable information may be requested.
SurePayroll is committed to protecting the privacy of those who visit our websites. As part of our normal operations, we collect different types of information about our website visitors. We have, however, structured our websites so that people have the option to visit without identifying themselves or revealing any personal information.
We use reasonable care to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and untimely destruction. We do not grant access to personal information about you except as otherwise set forth herein. We do not share or sell personal information collected on the websites with any third parties for their own marketing purposes.
This website may contain links to other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site, and to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable information.
The following are things you can do while visiting our website if you prefer NOT to have information about your visit collected.
- Disable cookies within your browser before visiting our website;
- Choose not to submit information via web forms located within our website;
- Choose not to enroll in or purchase our products or services;
- Choose not to “opt-in” to certain programs that are available on our websites;
- Choose not to complete any surveys available on our website.
The following describes the information we collect and how that information is used to provide our visitors with the optimal online experience.
Cookies and Spotlight Images or Web Beacons
In addition, we may use or allow third parties, such as Google Analytics and Pardot, to serve cookies on our website to help us monitor our website traffic, understand visitor behavior, and to target ads.
You can opt-out of this information tracking using a web browser that supports Do Not Track functionality, or by manually opting out via websites like the Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice Page. (http://www.aboutads.info/choices)
Information We Collect
You may be visiting our website for one of the following activities: (i) browsing, (ii) submitting forms, (iii) subscribing to products and services and or (iv) completing surveys. Please note that not all activities may be available on our websites at a given time. For each type of activity, we collect and store different types of data for different reasons, as outlined below.
Browsing – If you are simply browsing or navigating through our websites, we collect information about your computer and the pages you visit on our website in the aggregate (not individual or personal information). This data is often referred to as clickstream or navigation data. We use this information for research, analysis, and reporting so that we can improve our navigation, page structure, and page content to help visitors find information more quickly and provide more value when they find what they are looking for on our websites. Additionally, as you interact with different pages and content on our website, this behavioral data may be tracked and used to provide targeted content and site recommendations.
Submitting Forms - Certain pages of our website contain forms that allow you to request information about our products or services or to gain access to valuable resources (like white papers and research documents) in exchange for contact information. In completing one of these forms, you may be required to provide contact information, such as your name, phone number, and/or email address. This information is for SurePayroll use only. By providing your contact information, you consent to receive periodic emails from SurePayroll related to products and services. You may unsubscribe from SurePayroll emails at any time.
Subscribing - For processing payroll and other services, we will require you to create an account with us. We collect information in this account that enables us to provide our products and services streamline your future processing., The categories of personal information that we collect may include, but are not limited to:
- Contact information
- Employer information, including financial and bank account information to provide and/or offer services
- Employee information, including social security number, date of birth, financial, bank account, medical and beneficiary information, to provide Services
- Credit, debit, or cash/payment card information if used, such as for billing
- Credit or debt history regarding your creditworthiness or credit history
- Employment history and application information that can be used to determine eligibility for a job opening via our recruiting module
Completing Surveys - For surveys, we collect responses to help us improve various aspects of our business based on aggregate and individual feedback provided. These surveys are sent via marketing programs or are made available on our website for you to participate if you so choose.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your personal data, as outlined above, to:
- facilitate customer requested Services, transactions, investments, distributions, and benefits;
- contact you regarding specific programs, products, or services of ours;
- comply with legal, reporting, and regulatory requirements; or
- send you surveys regarding current services or potential new services that we may offer; or
- send you newsletters, event notices and announcements, and promotional materials regarding specific programs, products, or services.
We may place email links on this website to allow you to contact us directly via email. The information you provide is used to respond directly to your questions or comments. Those comments may be stored to improve the quality of our site and our services.
In addition, from time to time, we will rent relevant public mailing lists from reputable agencies that have obtained your prior approval to receive relevant information based on your personal preferences. Any promotional information sent to you by us will contain instructions on how to be removed from a mailing list source.
Parties With Whom Information May Be Shared
Information is shared to facilitate the Services needed in order to properly and efficiently handle duties related to your account. We will only provide the personal data needed to deliver the Service. We may share information with:
- Government agencies to fulfill legal, reporting and regulatory requirements
- Our employees, affiliated companies, agents and third party service vendors to perform services on our behalf, such as handling the processing and delivery of mailings, soliciting customer feedback, offering additional services, or performing statistical analysis of our services.
- Banking and brokerage firms to complete payroll processing and securities transactions
- Attorneys, accountants and auditors
- Credit bureaus and similar organizations, law enforcement or government officials. We reserve the right to release information if we are required to do so by law or if, in our business judgment, such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, in a fraud investigation, an audit or examination.
We are concerned about the privacy of young children and do not knowingly collect any personal information from a child under the age of 13. If we learn that we have personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our records and systems.
All dependent data needed for benefits enrollment is customarily provided by the employee/guardian and kept secure as indicated in this statement.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code 1798, California residents with an established business relationship can request information about sharing their personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like more information, please contact your service provider.
If you have opted to receive any of our marketing emails or if you have otherwise provided us with contact details and no longer wish to receive our marketing emails you can let us know by following the unsubscribe instructions contained at the bottom of any email that we send to you. Also, in compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, we provide our physical mailing address in all marketing email communications for general correspondence and opt-out communications.
If we lack sufficient information to process your request, we may contact you to request further information or clarification.
For information about our commitment to protecting the security and integrity of our customers’ information, please refer to the Security page (https://www.surepayroll.com/about/security).
Since the use of new technology including but not limited to cookies and web beacons is rapidly evolving, we may change or use additional technologies from time to time. You are encouraged to visit this page for any updates to this policy regarding these new technologies.
We reserve the right to update or modify this policy at any time, due to legislative changes, changes in technology or our privacy practices, or new uses of customer information not previously disclosed. Updates are effective upon publication and your continued use of this website will indicate your acceptance of those changes. Please refer to this Statement regularly.
Last revised date: April 12, 2019