Mississippi Payroll Services

All Fields Required

Mississippi Payroll Tax and Labor Laws

Get your Mississippi State Tax ID Number

Click Here to Obtain State Tax ID
Click Here to Obtain State Unemployment Tax ID

Did you know that agricultural employees are not subject to withholding in Mississippi?

Mississippi Wage and Hour Laws

Mississippi has no minimum wage law. Federal minimum wage requirements apply to workers in the state.

Mississippi Payroll for Employers

Employers covered by Mississippi's wage payment law must pay wages at least twice in a calendar month and not more than 15 days following the close of the pay period.
Mississippi Unemployment:

Taxable Wage Base ($000s):                        14,000

New Employer Rate (% Taxable Wages)    1.2**

Mississippi Income Tax Withholding

Mississippi's law requires employers to withhold state income tax from employees' wages and remit the amounts withheld to the State Tax Commission.

Mississippi Benefits

Mississippi Voting Rights:

Employer Right to Schedule Voting Hours          No

Pay Deduction for Voting Time Leave                 No

Mississippi does not have a voting time leave law.

Mississippi State Tax Resources

SurePayroll, Inc. and its subsidiaries assume no liability and make no warranties on or for the information contained on these state payroll pages. The information presented is intended for reference only and is neither tax nor legal advice. Consult a professional tax, legal or other advisor to verify this information and determine if and/or how it may apply to your particular situation.

This website contains articles posted for informational and educational value. SurePayroll is not responsible for information contained within any of these materials. Any opinions expressed within materials are not necessarily the opinion of, or supported by, SurePayroll. The information in these materials should not be considered legal or accounting advice, and it should not substitute for legal, accounting, and other professional advice where the facts and circumstances warrant. If you require legal or accounting advice or need other professional assistance, you should always consult your licensed attorney, accountant or other tax professional to discuss your particular facts, circumstances and business needs.
**Rates include surcharges.
Accurate as of December 2020