Oregon Payroll Services

All Fields Required

Oregon Payroll Tax and Labor Laws

Get your Oregon State ID Number 

Click HERE to obtain State Tax and Unemployment ID  

Note: Oregon utilizes one application to receive an ID that is used for both State Income Tax and State Unemployment Insurance filings.

Oregon Wage and Hour Laws 

Minimum Wage 

Oregon minimum wage law requires employers pay a wage rate that is dependent upon location.  

  • $12.50 per hour for non-urban areas (this number will change to $13.20 on 7/1/2023) 
  • $13.50 per hour for standard counties (this number will change to $14.20 on 7/1/2023) 
  • $14.75 per hour in Portland (this number will change to $15.45 on 7/1/2023) 

For more information on Oregon’s minimum wage law, please click HERE.  


Oregon law requires most employers to pay workers overtime at 1.5 times the worker’s regular rate of pay for all hours worked over 40 in a workweek.   

For more information on Oregon’s overtime laws, please click HERE.  

Pay Frequency 

Oregon law requires employers to pay employees on a regular pay schedule with paydays no more than 35 days apart.  

Oregon Unemployment

Taxable Wage Base ($000s):                                       50,900 

New Employer Rate (% Taxable Wages)                      2.1 

Oregon Income Tax Withholding 

Employers in or doing business in Oregon must withhold tax from all wages paid to Oregon residents for service performed both within and without the state and from wages paid to nonresidents for service within Oregon.  

Employers located outside Oregon are not required to withhold Oregon tax, even from Oregon residents. However, such employers are requested to withhold Oregon tax as a convenience to Oregon residents.

Oregon State Resources 

Oregon Department of Revenue 

Oregon Bureau of Labor & Industries 

Oregon Employment Department 

Oregon SUI Rate 



SurePayroll, Inc. and its subsidiaries assume no liability and make no warranties on or for the information contained on these state payroll pages. The information presented is intended for reference only and is neither tax nor legal advice. Consult a professional tax, legal or other advisor to verify this information and determine if and/or how it may apply to your particular situation. 

This website contains articles posted for informational and educational value. SurePayroll is not responsible for information contained within any of these materials. Any opinions expressed within materials are not necessarily the opinion of, or supported by, SurePayroll. The information in these materials should not be considered legal or accounting advice, and it should not substitute for legal, accounting, and other professional advice where the facts and circumstances warrant. If you require legal or accounting advice or need other professional assistance, you should always consult your licensed attorney, accountant or other tax professional to discuss your particular facts, circumstances and business needs. 


Revised 3/2023